This guide provides step-by-step instructions for employers and their representatives on how to use the Employer Portal to:
- Submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Access the Offer of Employment queue
- Create branches
- Create profiles for secondary users
See definitions used in this guide:
Using the Employer Portal
If you do not yet have an account in the Employer Portal, read the Employer Portal Enrolment Guide.
Access the Employer Portal:
- Go to the Employer Portal web page,
- Select the secure credential option you used to create your portal account (Sign-In Partner or GCKey), and
- Log in using your secure credential user ID and password.
Primary and Secondary users are responsible for storing and remembering their Secure Credential User ID and password.
Note: In order to access the Employer Portal, you must have previously enrolled in the Employer Portal. If you receive an error message indicating “Your account is not authorized to access this IRCC portal. Please ensure you have chosen the correct link to log-in to” then you are either not using the correct link provided on the Employer Portal web page or you initially enrolled in the wrong portal.
Navigate the portal
Back and Next buttons
Do not use your browser navigation buttons (forward and back buttons), when in the portal. You must use the portal’s navigation buttons (e.g. previous, next, exit, etc) to move between sections.
Note: You will get an error message that says “Session has expired – due to inactivity or an incorrect page request” if you use your browser’s back button.
Validate, save and exit buttons
When you have completed a form:
- Click Validate to make sure all the required fields are filled out.
- Select Save and exit to save your information and return to the LMIA-exempt Offer of employment page.
Help and support
If you need help completing a field in a form, click the blue question mark icon for more information about the field.
If you’re having technical problems with the Employer Portal email CIC.EmployerPortal-Portaildelemployeur.CIC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, you should include a description of the issue and, if possible, a screen shot.
Your email will be processed within five business days. If the problem can’t be fixed in that time, we will let you know the next steps to take.