Saskatchewan Long-haul truck drivers

 This sub-category allows trucking firms to bring long-haul truck drivers to Saskatchewan. To qualify for this project, long-haul truck drivers:
  • Must begin working for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan on a temporary foreign work permit.
  • If an approved trucking firm offers permanent employment, the trucker may apply to the SINP for permanent resident status after at least six months employment.
  • Meet the sub-category criteria. Criteria can change at any time, but well use what was on this website when we received your complete application.


To apply for SINP nomination through this sub-category, you must:

  • Be working for an SINP-approved Saskatchewan trucking firm for at least six months on a temporary work permit. The permit must be issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and based on a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada;
  • Have a current Saskatchewan Class 1A drivers licence;
  • Have an offer of full-time, permanent employment from your employer which must be an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan; and,
  • Have at least Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 4 or higher English language ability in all four categories (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
    • See Learning English for more information on acceptable language assessments.
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. The SINP also accepts a maximum number of applications for each year. No application is guaranteed to be accepted and/or nominated.

Who Cant Apply through the Saskatchewan Experience – Long-Haul Truck Driver Sub-Category?

The following cant apply through this sub-category:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada

Also, if any of these are true, you may not be eligible for nomination by the SINP:

  • You didnt submit documentation that the SINP asked for;
  • You were unable to prove that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan; and,
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are submitted where documents are missing or not translated will be considered incomplete and the application will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and advised to reapply at a later date with a complete application.

What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives

You are not required to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP, but if you wish to do so, you must make sure theyre licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information. View a list of Licensed Immigration Consultants at Immigration Consultant and Foreign Worker Recruiter Licensing and Responsibilities.

Application Forms