Post-Graduate Worker Criteria
Post-Graduate Worker Category criteria include but are not limited to:
As a Candidate, you must:
- Clearly show in the application that you are able to and intend to live permanently in Alberta.
- Be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for an Alberta employer.
- An Alberta employer is defined as, being incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Alberta.
- Please note, the AINP will not approve an application if there is a labour dispute in progress that may involve, directly or indirectly, either the employer or the candidate.
- Have obtained a certificate, diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from one of these AINP approved Alberta public and private post-secondary institutions.
- The program of study in Alberta must have been at least one year (i.e. minimum of two semesters of full-time study, or equivalent) in duration.
- Have a current and valid Post-Graduation Work Permit issued by IRCC.
- Be working in one of the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels:
- NOC 0: Management occupations
- NOC A: Occupations that usually require university education
- NOC B: Occupations that usually require college education
- NOC C: Occupations that usually require specific training and/or secondary education.
- Some occupations are not eligible for consideration under the AINP. Please review the list of ineligible occupations (list updated June 20, 2014). If your occupation is on this list, you are not eligible to apply to the AINP under this category.
- If working in a NOC C occupation, you must submit official test results showing that you meet the minimum language standards, and your test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application to the AINP. The only official test results that the AINP will accept are listed below, along with the minimum language standards. If you do not have test results or your test results are more than two years old, go to the Language Test Centresection of the AINP website for up-to-date information on testing availability:
Supervisors, foremen and tradespeople working in a Compulsory or Optional Trade in Alberta(including Chefs, Cooks and Line Cooks) must apply under the Strategic Recruitment Stream Compulsory and Optional Trades Category.
Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.
Who is not eligible?
The following are not eligible under the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream, Post-Graduate Worker Category:
The free online CSS cleaner allows you to organize style for websites.