Do you have a graduate degree in the sciences from an eligible B.C. institution? Consider advancing your career in B.C.’s growing technology, health care, and applied sciences sectors.
The Skills Immigration (SI) – International Post-Graduate category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) can help you gain permanent residence in B.C. You don’t need a job offer to apply.
Want a faster way to apply for permanent residency? See if you qualify for Express Entry BC — International Post-Graduate.
Which graduate degrees are valid?
You must have graduated in the last three years with a masters or doctorate (PhD) degree in the natural, applied or health sciences:
- biological and biomedical sciences
- computer and information sciences and support services
- engineering technology
- health professions and related clinical sciences
- mathematics and statistics
- natural resources conservation and research
- physical sciences
Please see the BC PNP IPG & EEBC IPG Eligible Programs of Study Document (PDF, 1MB) for a complete listing of eligible programs of study.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- have completed a valid graduate program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution in B.C. in the last three years.
- show your intent and ability to live in B.C.
How does it work?
To start the process, please create a profile with our online application system, BCPNP Online. As an International Post-Graduate applicant, you can apply directly via BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
For complete, up-to-date program information and requirements, please review the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide (PDF, 1MB).
Note: This website provides a high-level overview of the program only. Please refer to the program guide for the most current and complete information. Check back often to ensure you have the latest version.