British Columbia’s growing economy requires skilled workers in high-demand occupations. The Skills Immigration (SI) – Skilled Worker category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for workers in a professional, management, technical, trade or other skilled occupation to gain permanent residence in B.C.
To qualify, you must first accept a valid job offer from a B.C. employer. You also need relevant training and experience.
Want a faster way to apply for permanent residency? See if you qualify for Express Entry BC — Skilled Worker.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- be qualified to perform the duties of the job
- have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
- show you can support yourself and your dependents
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- for NOC skill level B occupations, meet minimum language requirements
- have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
Is my employer eligible?
Your employer must be willing to support your application. They must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill certain responsibilities during the application process. View the employer requirements.
How does it work?
To start the process, please create a profile with our online application and registration system, BCPNP Online. After submitting your registration, you will receive a score based on your skills and job. Periodically, we invite people with the highest scores to apply through BCPNP Online.
See how to register and apply.
For complete, up-to-date program information and requirements, please review the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide (PDF, 1MB).
Note: This website provides a high-level overview of the program only. Please refer to the program guide for the most current and complete information. Check back often to ensure you have the latest version.