Application for Selection Certificate and appendices – Investors
Be sure to consult the immigration rules and procedures. entered into effect on April 1, 2015. Before submitting your application, it is important to read the information regarding the application intake periods for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
Modifications made to document requirements for investors entered into effect on July 15, 2015.
The Ministère verifies that all files submitted are complete before beginning its review, that is, that they include all the supporting documents and required documents as well as payment of the required fees (in Canadian currency only).
If your application is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed.
To present an application for a selection certificate, you must submit:
- The form Application for a Selection Certificate – Investor (Dynamic PDF, 1053 Kb), duly completed and signed;
- Your Guide to writing the narrative document for investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed workers (PDF, 556 Kb);
- The documents indicated in the form Documents to submit in support of the Application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec – Investors(Dynamic PDF, 841 Kb).
You must also enclose payment of the fees required to review your file.
Note: Make sure to sign your investment agreement with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
- The Declaration by spouse or de facto spouse (Dynamic PDF, 416 Kb)
- The Declaration by a candidate practicing a regulated profession or trade in Québec (Dynamic PDF, 388 Kb), if you or your spouse practises or has the training needed to practise a profession governed by a professional order, a profession governed by the Autorité des marchés financiers or a regulated trade in Québec (construction trades, regulated vocational qualifications)
Note: Read the conditions for admission to a professional order before submitting your application.
- The Declaration by a graduate of a medical school outside of Canada and the United States (Dynamic PDF, 380 Kb), if you or your spouse practises or has the training needed to practise the profession of medical specialist, general practitioner or family physician
- The Declaration of a candidate practising the teaching profession in preschool, elementary school or secondary school (Dynamic PDF, 381 Kb), if you or your spouse practises or has the training needed to practise the profession of primary school or secondary school instructor
Since several months may elapse before the Ministère reviews your file, you may receive a letter asking you to complete or update your file.
Do not forget to include the following documents with your application:
- Forms duly completed, dated and signed
- Required declarations
- Supporting documents
- Payment of fees charged for reviewing your file.
All applications from investor candidates must be sent by mail or courier, to the Direction de lenregistrement et de lévaluation comparative, in Montréal. Only one application can be sent at a time. Applications dropped off in person will not be accepted.
Processing times will vary according to territory, volume of applications and staff available.
Since the files are strictly confidential, no information is given out over the telephone. Applicants are informed of the progress of their file by regular mail or by fax.
If you wish to make modifications to your application due to a change in your family situation (the addition of a spouse, for example), you must submit an application for a selection certificate in the Investor subclass, duly completed by your spouse and accompanied by all of the documents and supporting documents required.
You must also submit a certified true copy of the marriage or birth certificate, or, in the case of a de facto union, proof that you have lived together for at least 12 months.