New Brunswick’s Express Entry Labour Market Stream reopens to IT workers
In an update published January 30, the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) reported that the stream is opening to those with work experience in one of the 10 following priority occupations:
- NOC 2173: Software engineers and designers
- NOC 2171: Information systems analysts and consultants
- NOC 2281: Computer network technician
- NOC 2172: Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC 2174: Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC 6322: Cooks
- NOC 0631: Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 1311: Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- NOC 0311: Managers in health care
- NOC 6211: Retail sales supervisors
Potential applicants to this stream must also have attended one of the NBPNP’s information sessions in the previous 24 months.
Potential applicants are not required to have an existing profile in the federal Express Entry system but they will have to create one if they are successfully nominated by New Brunswick. As a result, the NBPNP will only consider potential applicants who score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the selection factors and meet the eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Class.
This is the second opening of Express Entry New Brunswick Labour Market Stream since September 2017 that has targeted Information and Communications Technology workers, among others.